This 3-day Qualified Assessor course is designed to satisfy the training needs such that seafarers can become qualified to meet STCW Code and US Law pertaining to onboard or simulator-based assessments of proficiencies.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to perform on-board assessments of US Merchant Marine Officers at the STCW Management and Operational levels and unlicensed ratings according to USCG Control Sheets and/or Assessment Documentation. Graduates will receive a certificate upon completion.
Who Should Take this Qualified Assessor Course?
- Marine crew members
- Maritime industry workers
Topics to be Covered:
- Assessment Process Overview
- IMO’s Impact on Training
- Development of an Assessment System
- Competence-based Assessment
- The On-board Assessment
- Assessment Performance Objectives
- Selecting Assessment Performance Objectives
- Assessment Performance Measures and Standards
- The Assessment Package
- The Assessment Process
- The Performance Improvement Plan
Requirements Satisfied: 46 CFR 10.402(b)(2)(iii)(A) and 46 CFR 10.407(c)(5)(i), IMO Standards of Training Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) Section A-I/6, and the National Maritime Center guidance regarding Qualified Instructors as stated in NVIC 03-14.
This course has no prerequisites- sign up today to enhance your maritime skill set!
Request a quote