Why Should You Take This 81-Hour NY State Security and Fire Alarm License Prep Course?
The State of New York requires you to complete and pass an 81-Hour course of training in order to obtain your NYS License. In addition, you must also successfully pass the New York State License Exam given throughout the year at various State testing locations. This course will fulfill the 81-Hour training requirement and help you prepare to take the NY State Exam.
An "alarm installer" installs, services or maintains security or fire alarm systems to detect intrusion, break-in, movement, sound or fire.
This 81-Hour NY State Security and Fire Alarm License Prep course consists of 5 Modules:
- Controls & Alarm Transmission
- Security Systems
- Fire Technology
- Testing & Maintenance
Who Should Attend This 81-Hour NY State Security and Fire Alarm License Prep Course?
An individual, firm, company partnership or corporation must be licensed:
- If it installs, maintains or services alarm systems, including such items as the detectors, control devices, and alarm communication systems; or
- If it holds itself out to the public as being able to do so.
A security and fire alarm installers license is required for the installation, maintenance or servicing of the following:
- A closed circuit television system (CCTV) if such system is used either full-time or part time, for the detection or monitoring of intrusion, break-in, theft, movement, sound or fire; and
- Electrical entry systems which detect and/or provide notification of intrusion, break-in, theft, movement, sound or fire regardless of the number of entry points.
Request a quote
- A laptop is recommended for this course.
- Must be over the age of 18 years in order to take the licensing exam.