Electricity has long been recognized as a serious workplace hazard, exposing employees to electric shock, electrocution, burns, fires, and explosions. In 1999, for example, 278 workers died from electrocutions at work, accounting for almost 5 percent of all on-the-job fatalities that year, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. What makes these statistics more tragic is that most of these fatalities could have been easily avoided. This course is designed for those who regularly work with electricity or who may be exposed to live electrical wiring or devices during the course of their job. By the end of this course, learners will be able to distinguish exposed live parts from other parts of electric equipment as well as identify other electrically related safety practices.