This Virginia Code Official 16-Hour Continuing Education Package meets the Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development requirements for Code Official. All building official, property maintenance officials, and technical assistants must obtain 16 hours of continuing education every two years.
This package consists of three course modules:
- 2015 International Code with Virginia Amendments
- Public Administration and Process
- ADA Standards: Building Blocks and Special Elements
This course also includes a bonus Social Media for Contractors.
In the "2015 International Code with Virginia Amendments" portion of the course, students will learn about the regulations for constructing new buildings or building additions in Virginia. In the "Public Administration and Process" portion of the course, students will learn about the process of building code enforcement. In the "ADA Standards" portion of the course, students will learn to recognize which building components can and should comply with ADA standards.
Topics to be Covered:
- 2015 IRC, IBC, and IECC with Virginia Amendments
- Inspection Reports
- Violation Notices
- Complaint Investigations
- Construction Documents
- Inspection Procedures
- Material and Equipment
- Special Inspection
- Manufacturer Installation instructions
- Introduction ADA Standards
- Identifying ADA Requirements
- Accessible Routes
- Special Rooms, Spaces and Elements
Who Should Take This Course?
- Virginia building officials
- Virginia property maintenance officials
- Virginia technical assistants
- 6 Hr Text Course: 2015 International Code with Virginia Amendments
- 6 Hr Text Course: Public Administration and Process
- 4 Hr Video & Text Course: ADA Standards: Building Blocks and Special Elements
- Free Video Course: Social Media for Contractors
|Certificates||For live classes, certificates will be issued on day of course completion.|
|Food||No food provided|
No reviews for this class